Finance et Investissement (FI) has named Sylvie Demers, president of CEO of Quebec, TD Bank Group, as the 2019 Financial Personality of the Year in the publication’s Top 25 ranking of Quebec’s financial services sector.
The members of the Top 25 jury, which comprises financial leaders from all over Quebec, praised Demers’s commitment and effectiveness.
Assets under management for TD’s full-service brokerage operations in Quebec increased from $6.3 billion to $13.2 billion from 2015 to 2019 — a compound annual growth rate greater than that of all retail securities brokerage firms in Quebec, according to the Institut de la statistique du Québec. During the same period, annual revenues from operations rose from $46.2 million to $87.2 million.
FI‘s Top 25 is divided into five categories, each with four finalists and a winner. The Financial Personality of the Year is selected from among the winners in each of the categories, which were:
- National financial services institutions: Demers.
- Life and health insurers: Robert Dumas, president and CEO for Quebec, Sun Life Financial.
- Full-service brokerages: Denis Gauthier, senior vice president and national director, National Bank Financial, Wealth Management.
- Multidisciplinary firms: Gino-Sébastian Savard, president, MICA Financial Services Firms.
- Independent management companies: Robert Beauregard, co-founder and chief investment officer, Global Alpha Capital Management Ltd.
For full details of the Top 25 finalists, visit finance-investissement.com/top25 (text available in French only). FI is Investment Executive‘s French-language sister publication.