Finance et Investissement (FI) has named Mélissa Gilbert as the Financial Personality of the Year in its 23rd annual Top des leaders de l’industrie financière ranking.
Gilbert, who received the award in a ceremony on Monday in Montreal, is executive vice-president and leader, Finance, with Quebec City-based Beneva Inc.
The award jury named Gilbert as Personality of the Year because of her instrumental role in Beneva’s creation, which resulted from the July 2020 merger of SSQ Insurance and La Capitale. She has also been heavily involved in integrating the two organizations.
The Top des leaders winners
The Financial Personality of the Year is selected from among the winners in each of the categories.
The category winners are:
- Full-service brokerage firms: Denis Gauthier, senior vice-president and national manager, Quebec, with National Bank Financial Wealth Management.
- Independent management companies: Jean-Philippe Lemay, who was global president and CEO of Fiera Capital from January 2022 to January 2023.
- Leaders in the financial industry: Mélissa Gilbert.
- Life and health insurers: Denis Ricard, president and CEO, iA Financial Group.
- Multidisciplinary dealers and insurance agencies: Gino-Sébastian Savard, president, MICA Cabinets de Services financiers.
- National financial services institutions: Guy Cormier, president and CEO of Desjardins Group.
- Fintech companies: Not awarded in 2022.
FI’s site has full details of the Top des leaders de l’industrie financière, including the recipients of two special mentions for this year. FI is Investment Executive’s French-language sister publication.