Sun Life Global Investments (Canada) Inc. (SLGI), the mutual funds division of Toronto-based Sun Life Financial Inc., has launched a lineup of mutual fund portfolios that invest in ETFs and other mutual funds, SLGI announced Friday.
The five Sun Life Tactical ETF Portfolios are “designed for investors who want exposure to ETFs within the structure of an actively managed mutual fund,” SLGI says in a news release.
- Sun Life Tactical Fixed Income ETF Portfolio, which seeks income by investing in fixed-income ETFs and fixed-income mutual funds
- Sun Life Tactical Conservative ETF Portfolio, which seeks income and capital appreciation (with a bias towards income), by investing in fixed-income and equity ETFs and other mutual funds
- Sun Life Tactical Balanced ETF Portfolio, which seeks capital appreciation and income (with a small bias towards capital appreciation), by investing in a mix of equity and fixed-income ETFs and other mutual funds
- Sun Life Tactical Growth ETF Portfolio, which seeks capital appreciation by investing in equity ETFs and other equity mutual funds, and, to a lesser extent, fixed-income ETFs and other fixed-income mutual funds
- Sun Life Tactical Equity ETF Portfolio, which seeks capital appreciation by investing in equity ETFs and other equity mutual funds
The annual management fees on the portfolios range from 0.45% to 1.55%
“ETFs have become increasingly popular with Canadians as a way to invest and we’re excited to launch this new portfolio lineup,” Sadiq Adatia, chief investment officer, SGLI, says in a statement. “The Sun Life Tactical ETF Portfolios offer clients the benefits of investing in ETFs with the peace of mind provided by our experienced team who will actively manage these portfolios while navigating market conditions.”