Toronto-based Women in Capital Markets (WCM) will recognize 16 corporate leaders for their work in helping advance the role of women in the Canadian economy.
WCM, a non-profit organization that supports women’s ascent to more senior leadership positions, will honour the women as “champions of change” at its annual gala on Thursday.
“Each honoree has been selected for their ongoing commitment to inclusiveness and sponsorship of female talent within their organizations and championing diversity across the financial community,” says Jennifer Reynolds, president and CEO of WCM, in a statement.
The event leads up to International Women’s Day celebrations, which take place March 8.
The award recipients are:
- Leanne Mantha, director, regional business manager Canada, BlackRock Asset Management Canada Ltd.
- Lee G.J. Wanie, managing director, head of Canada institutional client business, BlackRock.
- Manisha Burman, chief human resources officer and managing director, BMO Capital Markets and international.
- Gilles Ouellette, group head, BMO Asset Management and vice chairman, international, BMO Financial Group
- Paul Farrell, managing director and head, Canadian investment banking, CIBC Capital Markets
- Julia Moynihan, managing director and head, money market, CIBC Capital Markets.
- Kevin J.E. Adolphe, president and CEO, Manulife Asset Management Ltd., private markets, and president and CEO, Manulife Real Estate.
- Elise Bourret, vice president, head of global investment services, investment division, Manulife.
- Ron Mock, president and CEO, Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan.
- Jane Rowe, senior managing director, private capital, Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan.
- Derek Neldner, head, Canadian and Asia Pacific investment banking, RBC Capital Markets.
- Joanne O’Hea, director, global equity trading, RBC Capital Markets.
- Bob Finlay, regional head, corporate banking, Canada and the U.S. and global head, mining, Bank of Nova Scotia, global banking markets.
- Mary Vitug, managing director, equity capital markets, Scotiabank, global banking and markets.
- Geoff Bertram, managing director, equity capital markets, TD Securities.
- Robyn Zeller, global head, credit management, TD Securities, and senior vice president, Toronto-Dominion Bank.
Photo copyright: pressmaster/123RF