Charyl Galpin, chief regulatory officer, BMO Wealth Management, was reappointed Investment Industry Association of Canada (IIAC) board chairwoman, at the IIAC’s annual general meeting in Montreal on Wednesday.
Steven Donald, executive vice president at CI Financial Corp., was re-appointed vice chairman.
“I look forward to working with our board to ensure the IIAC remains an effective advocate for member firms, fighting for efficient regulation and capital markets, promoting capital formation and supporting members with services and resources to help ensure their success,” says Galpin, in a statement.
“Our board’s experience and expertise will be a tremendous asset as the IIAC continues to lead Canada’s investment industry through sweeping regulatory reform and technology-driven transformation of business operations in response to client demand and competitive pressures,” adds Ian Russell, president and CEO of the IIAC, who also sits on the board of directors.
Along with Galpin, Donald, and Russell, the IIAC’s board of directors for 2018-2019 includes:
- Roger Casgrain, executive vice president, Casgrain & Co. Ltd.;
- Pruyn Haskins, managing director, co-head of global equity and advisory, Bank of Nova Scotia;
- Dave Kelly, senior vice president, private wealth management, TD Wealth;
- Jeff Kennedy, managing director, equity capital markets and operations, Cormark Securities Inc.;
- David Lang, senior vice president, regulatory compliance and government affairs, Royal Bank of Canada;
- Benoit Lauzé, managing director and head, equity capital markets – global investment banking, CIBC World Markets Inc.;
- Marting Lavigne, president National Bank Financial, Wealth Management;
- Andrew Marsh, president and CEO, Richardson GMP Ltd.;
- Sylvain Perreault, chief compliance officer, Desjardins Group;
- Stuart Raftus, president, Canaccord Genuity Wealth Management (Canada);
- Richard Rousseau, executive vice president, head of wealth management, private client group, Raymond James Ltd.; and
- Deborah Starkman, chief financial officer and corporate secretary, GMP Capital Inc.