The Ontario Securities Commission (OSC) announced the first members of its Fintech Advisory Committee (FAC) on Thursday.
Committee members will serve one-year teams and advise OSC staff on developments in the financial technology (fintech) market as well as the challenges these companies face.
The inaugural members of the committee include:
- Adam Felesky, Portag3 Ventures
- Christine Day, Questrade
- Christian Lassonde, Impression Ventures
- Christopher Church, Digital Asset Holdings
- Dan Adamson, Outside IQ
- Dan Rosen, Fields Institute for Research in Mathematical Studies
- Elena Litani, TD Bank
- Francis Pouliot, Satoshi Portal
- Jason Cassidy, Crypto Consultant
- Joseph Lubin, ConsenSys
- Joseph Weinberg, Paycase
- Marcel Schroder, Lendified/Vault Circle
- Matthew Spoke, Nuco
- Michael Tang, Deloitte
- Randy Cass, Nest Wealth Asset Management
- Sue Britton, Fin+Tech Growth Syndicate
“These individuals have direct business experience with fintech innovation and in-depth knowledge of the issues faced by firms navigating securities law requirements,” says Pat Chaukos, chief of OSC LaunchPad and the FAC’s chairwoman, in a statement. “Their insights will help us as we apply key learnings from OSC LaunchPad more broadly to modernize regulation.”
OSC LaunchPad, which launched in October 2016, is meant to help eligible fintech businesses navigate the regulatory requirements of the securities industry and also to keep regulation up to date with digital innovation.
The committee will meet quarterly.
Photo copyright: rawpixel/123RF