The Ontario Securities Commission (OSC) Friday announced the members of its Securities Proceedings Advisory Committee (SPAC), a new advisory committee to the Office of the Secretary to the Commission.
The mandate of the SPAC is to provide comments and advice on policy and procedural initiatives relating to the Commission’s administrative tribunal proceedings.
The SPAC is composed of members representing securities litigation counsel, staff of the Commission’s Enforcement Branch, the Secretary and the Deputy Secretary. The committee will meet at least quarterly with members serving two-year terms.
The committee members are:
- John Stevenson (Chairman), Secretary to the OSC
- Wendy Berman, Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP
- Nigel Campbell, Blake Cassels & Graydon LLP
- Alexander Cobb, Osler Hoskin &Harcourt LLP
- Emily Cole, Miller Thomson LLP
- James Doris, Davies Ward Phillips & Vineburg LLP
- James D. G. Douglas, Borden Ladner Gervais LLP
- Linda Fuerst, Lenczner Slaght Royce Smith Griffin LLP
- James H. Grout, Thornton Grout Finnigan LLP
- Paul LeVay, Stockwoods LLP
- Tom Atkinson, OSC
- Karen Manarin, OSC
- Josée Turcotte, OSC