Robert Dumas, president of Toronto-based Sun Life Financial Inc.’s Quebec division, has been named 2017 Financial Personality of the Year in Finance et Investissement’s (FI) Top 25 ranking of Quebec’s financial services sector.
Dumas was recognized for his role in helping Sun Life increase its market share of direct premiums written in Quebec to 15.1% in 2016 from 11.8% in 2012. During that time, the firm’s market share for individual insurance grew by 1.7% to reach $646 million in direct premiums written in 2016. Between 2012 and 2016, Sun Life’s market share in group annuities climbed by 26.7% to reach $701 million in direct premiums written.
FI’s Top 25 is divided into five categories, each with four finalists and a winner. The Financial Personality of the Year is selected from among the winners in each of the categories, which include:
– Personal insurers: Dumas.
– National financial services institutions: Guy Cormier, chairman, president and CEO of Lévis, Que.-based Desjardins Group.
– Full-service brokerages: Martin Lavigne, president of Montreal-based National Bank Financial Ltd.’s wealth-management division.
– Multidisciplinary firms: Gilles Cloutier, president and founder of Trois-Rivières, Que.-based Groupe Cloutier Inc.
– Independent management companies: Robert Beauregard, co-founder and chief investment officer of Montreal-based Global Alpha Capital Management Ltd.
In addition, FI, which is Investment Executive’s French-language sister newspaper in Quebec, also honoured three financial advisors for their work and dedication to the profession:
Guillaume Parent, president of Finandicap and mutual fund representative with Montreal-based Peak Investment Services Inc., was the winner in the multidisciplinary advisor category.
Mireille Rondy, branch manager, investment advisor and portfolio manager with Montreal-based Peak Securities Inc., won in the investment advisor category.
Finally, Michel-Olivier Marcoux, president of Montreal-based Gestion de patrimoine ASF, which partners with Quebec City-based MICA Capital Inc. for its mutual fund services, was the winner in the Top Under 40 category.
For full details of the Top 25 finalists, visit finance-investissement.com/top25 (text available in French only).