In this webinar that was recorded on Wednesday, May 13, 2020 at 2:00 pm ET, Shawn Redford, Senior Director, Business Development, SSQ Insurance interviewed Ellen Bessner, Babin Bessner Spry LLP, Partner on the following:
- Why are seniors such a hot topic for insurance (life and segregated funds), mutual fund, portfolio managers and IIROC advisors?
- How do advisors adjust their businesses to cater to this growing sector of the population to grow advisors’ businesses today and into the next generation?
- How can advisors protect their senior clients from fraudsters, especially those people who they have appointed as Power of Attorney?
- Why clients and their successors/POAs believe joint accounts are a good idea, but are they?
- Why are the regulators turning to advisors to protect seniors and how are advisors expected to fulfill this duty?
How does protecting senior clients actually help advisors protect themselves too?
Note: CE accreditation for this webinar has been approved. CE accreditation is powered by CE Corner.
If you watched the live webinar on Wednesday, May 13, 2020 at 2:00 pm ET, you will receive an email notification when your FP Canada, The Institute and IIROC CE certificates are ready in June.
For those who missed the live webinar on Wednesday, May 13, 2020 at 2:00 pm ET, the recording is available on CE Corner. You will be required to complete a quiz to obtain a CE certificate from FP Canada, The Institute and IIROC. If you do not yet have a profile on CE Corner you will need to create one in order to obtain your CE accreditation.
If you have any questions, please contact continuing.education@Newcom.ca
This webinar by SSQ is an exclusive benefit for Investment Executive readers, organized by Newcom Media’s content services team