Refine list by
- Establishing a charitable foundation can allow clients to involve their families in their philanthropic goals, and teach their children a sense of responsibility
- The Income Tax Act recognizes four charitable purposes
- Clients can benefit from greater tax-planning flexibility under legislation proposed in the 2014 federal budget
- When clients donate public securities in kind, rather than giving cash, they can effectively double up on tax benefits
- Special FeatureA web-exclusive series on charitable giving
- WebinarMichèle Bourque, president and CEO, provides an overview of the CDIC deposit insurance program
- WebinarLonger lives and lower interest rates are creating new challenges for advisors and their clients, and require careful financial planning
- WebinarJamie Golombek, managing director of tax and estate planning at CIBC Wealth Advisory Services, reviews some of his major yearend tax planning tips.
- Special FeatureA special feature from the Mid-November 2014 issue of Investment Executive, plus two web-exclusive articles and a video.
- Peter Drake, senior vice president of retirement and economic research at Fidelity Investments Canada, discusses the changing face of retirement and how longer lives and lower interest rates are creating challenges for investors.