Toronto-based Sun Life Financial Inc. on Tuesday announced a realignment to further strengthen its focus on the client experience.
The newly opened Sun Life Financial Canada client experience office, led by Eric Monteiro, senior vice president, chief client experience officer, focuses on understanding, anticipating and responding to client’s needs by ensuring an integrated approach across the firm’s business units, Sun Life says in an email.
Monteiro’s leadership team will include:
- Samantha (Sam) O’Neill, vice-president and chief marketing officer for Canada, who will work with the Canadian business units and global marketing function to develop and deliver a cohesive client experience;
- Simon Dennison, vice president and chief analytics and engineering officer, who will be accountable for the Canadian strategy, as well as leading the Center of Excellence for data, analytics and engineering;
- Véronique Dorval, vice president, client engagement, who will lead client engagement for all of Canada, including Digital Benefits Assistant and Ella, Sun Life’s digital persona;
- Kate Nazar, vice president, client solutions centre; and
- Jun Santa, AVP strategy, planning and enablement.
As part of its increased focus on the client, Sun Life is streamlining its three main individual insurance and wealth businesses. Three senior executives will oversee these growth engines of the company:
- Vineet Kochhar, SVP insurance solutions, will develop and manage the delivery of end-to-end solutions to help clients at key moments of their lives.
- Rowena Chan, SVP and president, Sun Life Financial Distributors, joins Sun Life on March 14. She brings deep distribution and wealth management experience gained during more than 30 years with Toronto-Dominion Bank (TD), where she was most recently, SVP, TD Wealth Financial Planning; and
- Rick Headrick, president Sun Life Global Investments and SVP investment solutions.
Sun Life also announced that Leo Grepin, currently senior vice president of individual insurance and wealth, has accepted a new position within the organization as president, ASEAN. He will be based in Hong Kong.