Each week, Investment Executive summarizes notable personnel shifts across the financial and wealth management industry.
- Dustin Dinis has joined Toronto-based Woodgate Financial Inc. as an associate financial planner. He comes from CI Global Asset Management, where he spent eight years and was most recently vice-president of sales.
- Ryan Ackers is now vice-president of business development with Vancouver-based Harbourfront Wealth Management. Ackers, who was appointed on May 10, helps recruit and transition new advisor teams in this newly created role. He joins the firm after more than six years with Calgary-based GBL, a provider of individual pension plans and retirement compensation arrangements. In an email, Harbourfront’s CEO Danny Popescu said the firm has $4 billion in assets under administration (AUA) and $2 billion in assets under management (AUM), and its five-year goal is to reach between $12 billion and $15 billion in AUA, and $6 billion in AUM.
- Stan Magidson, chairman and CEO of the Alberta Securities Commission, will become chairman of the Canadian Securities Administrators on July 1. The CSA also has a new vice-chairman.
- Gurpreet Mann is now senior solutions specialist with Edward Jones. She’s spent nearly seven years at the firm, where she began as a financial advisor and progressed through various positions. Her industry tenure also includes a few years with Toronto-Dominion Bank.
- Jonathan Sylvestre joined Toronto-based TradeLogiq Markets Inc. in April as chief compliance officer and head of market structure, coming from the Ontario Securities Commission, where he was senior advisor, market regulation.
- Joel Schwartz has been named president of Combined Canada for Chicago-based Combined Insurance Company of America. Schwartz was most recently president of Colonial Penn Life Insurance for CNO Financial Group in Philadelphia.
If you know of other people moves in the financial industry and/or would like us to consider your announcement, email Katie Keir at firstname.lastname@example.org.