Each week, Investment Executive summarizes notable moves across the financial industry.
- Dalpé Wealth Partners, consisting of three wealth advisors and 10 total members, has joined National Bank Financial Wealth Management. The advisory group manages $850 million, and the three advisors are Marc Dalpé, Jean-Philippe Phaneuf and Jean-Mikael Michaud — all of whom, with their colleagues, are coming from Richardson Wealth. Dalpé has worked in the industry for more than 40 years and as an advisor since 1990, having started in the 1980s with Lévesque Beaubien Geoffrion Inc. (one of the companies that was later merged to create National Bank Financial). Phaneuf and Michaud have worked in the industry for 13 and seven years, respectively, and they joined Dalpé Wealth in 2019 and 2021.
- The Robert Smith Group, which includes senior portfolio manager and wealth advisor Robert Smith as well as investment advisor Jason McCallum, also has left Richardson Wealth. The pair, alongside wealth associate Sancia Tan and wealth advisor assistant Oliver Howell have moved to CG Wealth Management. Smith has been in the industry for 40 years.
- Duane Green has departed as chairman, president and CEO of Franklin Templeton Canada, after 19 years with the company. Green had held successively senior roles in his tenure, and had been president and CEO since 2017. As part of the shift, Andrew Ashton has been named chairman of the board of directors of Franklin Templeton Canada, effective Nov. 6, while Dennis Tew was promoted from head of retail sales, Canada, to an expanded role as head of sales for the country. Read more.
- Brett Millard is vice-president, business development, with FP Canada. The role is newly established and involves leading strategies and targets around growth and revenue for the organization, a release said, as well as “extending the impact of FP Canada Institute products and services.” Millard was most recently a regional director with IG Wealth Management and he’s been involved with FP Canada’s board for many years.
- Jean-François Beaulieu will be president with HUB Quebec, effective Jan. 1, 2024, said a release from Hub International Ltd. Stephen Blais, who’s been president of HUB Quebec and CEO, will continue his responsibilities as CEO. Beaulieu first joined the company in 2004.
- Also with HUB, Fei Kong has joined as regional director of insurance sales in British Columbia for HUB Financial Inc. He comes from Canada Life.
- Paul Cosgrove, president and CEO of Assurant Canada, is vice-chair of the board of directors for the Canadian Association of Financial Institutions in Insurance, or CAFII. He’ll work alongside board leader Peter Thompson, National Bank Insurance CEO.
If you know of other people moves in the financial industry and/or would like us to consider your announcement, email Katie Keir at email@example.com.