Each week, Investment Executive summarizes notable moves across the financial industry.
- Judy Goldring, president and head of global distribution with AGF Investments Inc., was elected chair of the board of the Investment Funds Institute of Canada for a two-year term. Duane Green, president and CEO of Franklin Templeton Canada, was elected vice-chairman, while Stephen Fiorelli, president and CEO, and senior vice-president of wealth solutions, with Canada Life Investment Management Ltd., was elected as a director.
- Andrew Marsh, former founder and head of Richardson Wealth, is now vice-chairman with Fla.-based Dynasty Financial Partners. He became the firm’s first executive-in-residence in April, and a release said he’ll now oversee strategic business reviews as well as help to onboard and expand large U.S.-based registered investment advisors.
- The Advanced Wealth Planning and Insurance groups at Wellington-Altus Private Wealth have hired Artur Llubani and Catalin Zetu. Llubani is a senior wealth planner who most recently worked with HSBC Private Investment Counsel (Canada) Inc. Zetu is an associate vice-president with the Advanced Wealth Planning group, joining from IG Wealth Management where he worked for 15 years.
- David Truong was named senior director and president for National Bank Planning and Employee Benefits, effective Sept. 25. He will replace Alexandre Germain, who’s moving on to National Bank Financial’s wealth management team. Truong has been with National Bank Private Banking 1859 for nearly 10 years, while Germain has been with the bank since 2018.
- Mike Armstrong, portfolio manager and senior wealth advisor, has moved to Raymond James Ltd. from Wellington-Altus Private Wealth. Armstrong works out of Saskatoon, Sask. and has been in the financial advice industry for nearly 30 years.
- The team of Jeffrey Klassen, Wil Montgomery and Sherri Oakes have joined IG Wealth Management in Winkler, Man. Klassen and Montgomery have been in the industry for more than 20 years, and Oakes has nearly 30 years of experience.
- Manroop Jhooty is senior managing director and head of total fund management with Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPP Investments). Jhooty joined CPP Investments in 2019 and was most recently managing director, head of exposure, leverage and liquidity management.
- Zaheed Jiwani is now vice-president for institutional business in Canada with T. Rowe Price (Canada) Inc. Jiwani comes from Toronto-based actuarial consulting firm Eckler Ltd.
- Ziad Hindo is leaving the Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan Board on Dec. 31 after more than 20 years with the organization. He spent the past five as chief investment officer. Stephen McLennan, executive managing director of total fund management, will be acting head of investments.
- Three people have joined the Canadian Sustainability Standards Board, bringing it to 12 members: Catherine Isabelle, senior director of sustainability and climate innovation with PSP Investments; Daniel Charron, vice-president of social engagement and public affairs with Quebec-based financial institution Fondaction; and Sandra Odendahl, senior vice-president and head, sustainability, diversity and partnerships, with Business Development Bank of Canada.
Nick Barisheff, founder, chair and CEO of Markham, Ont.-based BMG Group Inc., died on Sept. 15 surrounded by family. The author and well-known precious metals expert founded BMG in 2002.
If you know of other people moves in the financial industry and/or would like us to consider your announcement, email Katie Keir at firstname.lastname@example.org.