Each week, Investment Executive summarizes notable moves across the financial industry. Here are the latest developments.
- Chris Wright joined Russell Investments Canada Ltd. in June as director of institutional sales. His responsibilities include overseeing customized portfolio offerings and providing strategic insights to institutional investors. He’s worked with several major investment firms, most recently at Standard Life Investments where he was head of Canadian institutional sales for nearly nine years.
- David Steele, former president and CEO for Canada with Russell Investments between 2016 and 2021, will join Toronto-based alternative firm Third Eye Capital this month. He’ll assume the role of president and chief operating officer on Aug. 15.
- Eric Lidemark is the new leader of the board of directors with Advocis. He’s been a member of the advisor association for 46 years and filled various roles in that time. Lidemark is a principal with Surrey, B.C.-based Lidemark Financial Group Inc.
- Investment advisor Mark McGrath has moved to Montreal-based PWL Capital Inc. from Wellington-Altus Private Wealth Inc. The Squamish, B.C.-based planner, who focuses on Canadian physicians but also works with incorporated business owners, said in an online post that he initially connected with PWL Capital in 2020 for business advice when he was with MD Financial Management. He appreciates the firm’s values, he wrote, saying they’ve “transformed how I deliver advice over the years.”
- Nicola Wealth, based in Vancouver, announced last week that it recruited three senior wealth advisors from Gluskin Sheff following that business’s sale to RBC Wealth Management Canada. Derrick Abraham, Claire Blessing and Ori Mandowsky work with high-net-worth and ultra-high-net-worth clients, a release said, with Mandowsky noting that Nicola Wealth’s investment platform and style were a factor. Abraham has worked in finance for more than 20 years; Blessing has worked primarily with major banks throughout her nearly 30-year career; and Mandowsky has a background in corporate and commercial law.
- Petra Van Daele is the new vice-president of communications and public affairs with the Investment Funds Institute of Canada. She came from CIBC where she was most recently senior director of external communications, investor relations for two years.
- Mandy Adamou is now managing director and head of consultant relations for EMEA and Asia with Fiera Capital Corp. This is a new role designed to help the company expand its presence and consultant relationships in those regions. Adamou, who also will lead the firm’s global consultant committee, will partner with vice-president of institutional markets Frederick McNeill. She was most recently working out of the U.K. as a managing director overseeing EMEA with New York-based PineBridge Investments.
If you know of other people moves in the financial industry and/or would like us to consider your announcement, email Katie Keir at firstname.lastname@example.org.