Each week, Investment Executive reports on notable moves across the financial industry.
- Denis Ricard, president and CEO with iA Financial Group since 2018, is now chairman of the board of directors with the Canadian Life and Health Insurance Association (CLHIA). He has worked with iA Financial for nearly 40 years.
- Kevin Bong will be senior managing director and chief investment strategist (plus head of Singapore) with the Alberta Investment Management Corporation (AIMCo), effective Aug. 14. He has 20 years of global portfolio construction and capital allocation experience, a release said. He’s joining from the Government of Singapore Investment Corporation (GIC) where he’s worked for nearly seven years.
- David Garg is senior vice-president of corporate development and investor relations at Sun Life Financial Inc. This is an expanded role, a release said, since Garg joined as leader of corporate development in fall 2021. Alongside capital markets responsibilities, he’ll oversee investor communications plus manage relationships with institutional investors, sell-side analysts and rating agencies. Garg’s move means Yaniv Bitton, current vice-president and head of investor relations and capital markets, will become vice-president and CFO, retail advice and solutions for Sun Life Canada.
- Mario Cianfarani has been named head of sales and distribution for Vanguard Canada, transitioning from head of national accounts and institutional sales. Before joining Vanguard Canada in 2015, he was with First Asset Investment Management Inc. as a portfolio manager and also has worked with several of Canada’s Big Six.
- Carlos Leitão — who was an economist with major banks between 1983 and 2014, and who served as Minister of Finance for Québec between 2014 and 2018 — has been appointed to the board of directors of the Bank of Canada. His term will end in 2025.
If you know of other people moves in the financial industry and/or would like us to consider your announcement, email Katie Keir at email@example.com.