Each week, Investment Executive summarizes notable management shifts across the financial and wealth management industry.
- Effective Feb. 1, Jasmin Jabri joined the Investment Industry Association of Canada (the IIAC) as managing director of investment management. Jabri has been in the financial services industry for more than three decades, and she most recently served as senior vice-president and head of compliance with Invesco Canada Ltd. for nearly three years.
- Other recent moves within the IIAC include the departure of both Susan Copland and Michelle Alexander. Copland, who left in January after 15 years, was formerly a managing director. The organization confirmed that Alexander left her former role as vice-president and corporate secretary on Jan. 31.
- At Vancouver-based Harbourfront Wealth Management, Paul Marion was brought on as executive managing director of tax and wealth planning. Marion comes from Telford Wealth, a Vancouver-based firm where he was president, and he’ll help Harbourfront create a new tax and wealth planning framework for ultra-high-net-worth clients.
- Earlier this week, Mark Carney joined Macro Advisory Partners (MAP), a global economics advisory firm with offices in New York, London and Copenhagen, as senior counsellor. Carney has held numerous positions on global and financial policy boards and was the governor of the Bank of England for seven years, preceded by his roles in Canada with the Minister of Finance and Bank of Canada. He’ll leverage his expertise to advise MAP’s clients on issues that include the state of the global post-pandemic economy, and fiscal and monetary policy-making on international markets.
- Annie Sinigagliese has taken on the role of vice-president and chief product officer at Croesus, a wealth technology firm based in Montreal and Toronto focused on industry innovation. She was a managing director at the IIAC for six years and has held various roles across the industry throughout her career.
If you know of other people moves in the financial industry and/or would like us to consider your announcement, email Katie Keir at email@example.com.