Each week, Investment Executive reports on notable moves across the financial industry.
- Martin Bray has been named general manager with Desjardins Private Wealth Management, a division of Desjardins Group. Bray has been with the company for almost two decades, most recently as vice-president of strategic development for wealth management. A release noted that Bray has worked on the firm’s strategy for affluent clients and responsible investment.
- Lamia Mekouar is now vice-president of banking for IG Wealth Management, overseeing product management and strategic initiatives for the firm’s banking line. She moved from Montreal-based Laurentian Bank Financial Group where she was head of enterprise portfolio management. Throughout her decades-long career, she’s also worked with Scotiabank and Citibank Canada.
- The Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPP Investments) announced two appointments: Maximilian Biagosch has been named senior managing director and global head of real assets, while continuing as head of Europe; and Jon Webster is now senior managing director and chief operating officer, joining the senior management team. Webster was managing director and partner at Boston-based Boston Consulting Group prior to this appointment.
- Alexandra (Alex) Williams is the new SRO’s senior vice-president of member regulation, member policy and corporate strategy. A summary provided by the SRO noted that Williams was most recently SVP and head of operations, service centre and compliance at Toronto-based Aviso Wealth. She also has experience with Canada’s previous self-regulatory organizations.
- Olivier Girardeau is the new director of sustainable finance oversight and supervision with the Autorité des marchés financiers in Quebec. He’s worked for the regulator since 2017, collaborating with other regulators such as the International Organization of Securities Commissions on sustainable finance issues.
If you know of other people moves in the financial industry and/or would like us to consider your announcement, email Katie Keir at firstname.lastname@example.org.