Each week, Investment Executive will summarize notable management shifts across the financial and wealth management industry.
- Baltimore-based asset management firm T. Rowe Price recently revealed two Canadian appointments: Lauren Bloom as head of Canada and Samantha Cleyn as head of institutional, Canada. Bloom has been with T. Rowe Price since 2018 and previously held various senior roles over 10 years at CI Investments Inc. Cleyn was promoted from her previous role as T. Rowe Price’s vice-president, head of Eastern Canada.
- CI Financial Corp. also made its own recent announcement, naming Manisha Burman as executive vice-president and chief human resources officer. Burman worked at BMO Financial Group for more than 10 years, where her latest role (head of workforce strategies for personal and business banking, and financial planning) also involved talent development and recruitment.
- The Canadian Securities Administrators (CSA) named a new investor advisory panel this week, similar to the one established by the Ontario Securities Commission. The panel will be chaired by Guy Lemoine, former president of the Quebec Financial Markets Administrative Tribunal and a former regulator who now works in private legal practice.
- Paul Holba became the new chief investment officer for Kingston, Ont.-based Empire Life Investments last week. He’s been with the company since 2009 and in the investment industry for nearly 30 years.
- Paul Bourque, who has led the Investment Funds Institute of Canada (IFIC) since 2016, recently announced that he’ll retire at year’s end. Bourque will continue to lead the IFIC team until his successor is named and integrated.
If you know of other people moves in the financial industry and/or would like us to consider your announcement, email Katie Keir at firstname.lastname@example.org