Each week, Investment Executive summarizes notable moves across the financial industry.
- Leah Anderson has been appointed president and CEO of the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation (CDIC) for a five-year term. Anderson — interim CDIC CEO since 2021 — previously held a number of leadership roles with Finance Canada.
- Christine Bergeron is stepping down as president and CEO of Vancity Group, effective mid-July, to take on the new role of CEO of Concert Properties. Vancity’s board of directors will name an interim CEO in the coming weeks, a release said. Bergeron joined the Vancity Group in 2011 and has served as CEO since 2020.
- Dynasty Financial Partners announced Andrew Marsh will become the St. Petersburg, Fla.-based technology vendor’s first executive-in-residence. Marsh previously led Richardson Wealth Ltd., formerly known as Richardson GMP, since 2010, during which time he oversaw the merger of GMP Private Client with Richardson Partners Financial and the acquisition of Macquarie Private Wealth Inc. He stepped down from his role as president and CEO of Richardson Wealth in 2021.
- Manmeet Bhatia has been appointed as president, CEO and director of Fiduciary Trust Canada, a subsidiary of Franklin Templeton, while Franklin Templeton Canada CEO Duane Green will become chairman of Fiduciary Trust Canada. Bhatia joined Franklin Templeton Canada in 2019 as head of private wealth. Prior to this, he held senior positions at various wealth and asset management firms, including Aviso Wealth, Qtrade Financial Group and Assante Wealth Management.
- The Canadian Council of Insurance Regulators (CCIR) appointed Huston Loke, executive vice-president of market conduct with the Financial Services Regulatory Authority of Ontario (FSRA), as chair.
If you know of other people moves in the financial industry and/or would like us to consider your announcement, email Katie Keir at email@example.com.