Five distinguished professionals will be inducted into the Investment Industry Hall of Fame at a ceremony Thursday evening in Toronto, the Investment Industry Association of Canada (IIAC) has announced.
Two individuals are being honoured posthumously. The inductees are:
- Jean-Guy Desjardins, chairman of the board and CEO, Fiera Capital Corp.
- Robert (Bob) Dorrance, chairman, CEO and president of TD Securities Inc.; group head, wholesale banking, Toronto-Dominion Bank
- Monique Leroux, former president, Desjardins Group; chairwoman of the board, Investissement Quebec; vice chairwoman of the board, Fiera Holdings Inc.
- Gordon Cheesbrough, former chairman and CEO, Scotia Capital Inc. (posthumous)
- Bob Hager, founding partner, Phillips, Hager & North (posthumous)
“Tonight, we pay tribute to five executives who have distinguished themselves through their talent, leadership and integrity in Canada’s investment industry,” Ian Russell, IIAC president and CEO, says in a statement. “Each one is a trailblazer whose contributions to the industry, the country and their communities have set them apart. It is our honour to recognize each of them by inducting them into the Investment Industry Hall of Fame.”
More information on the inductees can be found here.