The Ontario Securities Commission on Wednesday announced new members of its fintech advisory committee (FAC), which advises the regulator on evelopments and trends in the fintech space, as well as the unique challenges encountered by innovative businesses in the securities industry.
“This year’s FAC includes key players from a broad spectrum of the fintech community, ranging from innovation hubs to startups to financial institutions,” says Pat Chaukos, deputy director, OSC LaunchPad, and committee chairwoman.
“This committee plays a critical role in advising the OSC on meeting the novel demands of this rapidly growing space,” she adds.
Committee members are:
- Alan Lysne, Ryerson Futures Inc.
- Asif Qayyum, PwC Canada
- Barrie Laver, Royal Bank of Canada
- Carol Derk, Borden Ladner Gervais LLP
- Christine Day, Questrade Financial Group
- Christian Lassonde, Impression Ventures
- Dan Rosen, d1g1t Inc., University of Toronto
- George Bordianu, Paradiso Ventures
- Gillian Stacey, Davies Ward Phillips & Vineberg LLP
- Hitesh Rathod, NexusCrowd Inc.
- John Lee, TMX Group
- Paritosh Gambhir, KPMG LLP
- Raymond Luk, Hockeystick Co.
- Robert Kirwin, VigilantCS
- Roy Kao, MaRS Discovery District
- Silvio Stroescu, BMO InvestorLine
- Stephanie Choo, Portag3 Ventures
The committee meets quarterly, with members serving one-year terms.