Each week, Investment Executive summarizes notable shifts across the financial and wealth management industry.
- Wealthsimple Inc. co-founder and CEO Michael Katchen will join the board of P&C insurance provider Intact Financial Corp. starting July 25. The company said in a release that it aims to leverage Katchen’s insight on digital tools and data use.
- The Alternative Investment Management Association (AIMA Canada) has chosen its executive committee for the September 2022 to August 2024 term. Belle Kaura, vice-president of legal and chief compliance officer with Toronto-based Third Eye Capital, will continue to lead the committee, while Liam O’Sullivan (principal and co-head of client portfolio management with Toronto-based asset management firm RP Investment Advisors LP) is joining as deputy chairman after previously serving as a member between 2020 and 2022. O’Sullivan will replace outgoing member Rob Lemon, executive director and head of clearing with CIBC Capital Markets. The full list of the incoming and outgoing members includes executives at varying firms, from pension plans and big banks to fund managers.
- Deborah K. Orida will join the board of directors of the Public Sector Pension Investment Board (PSP Investments; based in Ottawa) as president and CEO as of Sept. 1. A release noted that her 25 years of industry experience includes more than 10 years with CPP Investments, where she was most recently senior managing director, global head of real assets and chief sustainability officer. Orida will succeed Neil Cunningham, who’s set to retire in March 2023 and will serve as vice-chairman and special advisor up until then.
- Catherine Wood, chief of strategy, product and marketing with Coast Capital Savings in Toronto, was appointed this week as chair of the board of directors for Advocis. She takes over from Rob Eby.
- Tasmin Waley joined FAIR Canada last week as policy counsel. She previously worked with the Law Society of Ontario, where she was strategic policy counsel, and her industry tenure has included roles with organizations such as Canadian Bankers Association.
If you know of other people moves in the financial industry and/or would like us to consider your announcement, email Katie Keir at email@example.com.