The Investment Funds Institute of Canada (IFIC) on Thursday announced its board of directors for the 2015-16 year.
John Adams, CEO, PFSL Investments Canada, becomes chairman after serving as first vice chairman for the past year. Ross Kappele, executive vice president and head of retail distribution, BMO Asset Management Canada, becomes first vice chairman.
“This is an exciting time for the Canadian investment funds industry, as we continue to work together and with our regulators to identify and implement measures to improve the investor experience,” said Adams in a statement. “Our efforts are clearly working, as Canadians are continuing to show confidence in mutual funds as their savings vehicle of choice,” he added.
Adams acknowledged the strong leadership role played by outgoing chairman Brian Peters (president & CEO, MD Financial Management), who has been at the helm of IFIC’s board since 2013.
“The industry appreciates Brian’s leadership over the past two years, particularly in shepherding IFIC’s early response to CRM2 and its implications for investors, advisors and dealer firms,” Adams commented.
“I look forward to working closely with the new board over the coming year to continue to advance IFIC’s key priorities at this important time in the industry’s history,” he added, “particularly as we continue to pursue several initiatives to deliver a better investor experience.”
The other members of the 2015-16 board of directors are:
- George Aguiar, president & CEO, GP Wealth Management Corp.
- Stéphane Blanchette, vice president, finance & operations, Investia Financial Services
- Sian Burgess, senior vice president, Fund Oversight, Fidelity Investments Canada ULC
- Marc Cevey, CEO, HSBC Global Asset Management (Canada)
- Jordy Chilcott, managing director and head, Scotiabank GAM – Retail & Wealth Mexico / president & CEO, Scotia/Dynamic Funds Ltd.
- Doug Coulter, president, RBC Global Asset Management Inc.
- Joanne De Laurentiis, president & CEO, The Investment Funds Institute of Canada
- Jonathan Durocher, senior vice president/president & CEO, National Bank Financial & National Bank Investments
- Chris Enright, president & managing director, Aligned Capital Partners Inc.
- Judy Goldring, executive vice president, COO, AGF Investments Inc.
- Brian Gooding, executive vice president, Head of Distribution, Mackenzie Investments
- Stuart Graham, CEO, Pimco Canada
- Rick Headrick, president, Sun Life Global Investments
- John Kearns, CEO, NEI Investments Inc.
- Paul Lorentz, executive vice president and general manager, retail markets, Manulife Financial
- Carol Lynde, president & COO, Bridgehouse Asset Managers
- Claude Paquin, president, Investors Group Financial Services – Quebec, Investors Group Inc.
- Brian Peters (past chairman), president & CEO, MD Financial Management Inc.
- Don Reed, president & CEO, Franklin Templeton Investments Corp.
- David Scandiffio, president & CEO, CIBC Asset Management
- Robert Smuk, president & CEO, FundSERV Inc.
- Michael Stanley, president & CEO, Quadrus Investment Services Ltd.
- Mark Tiffin, president & director, Capital Group
- Tim Wiggan, CEO, TD Asset Management