The Toronto-based Exempt Market Dealers Association of Canada announced the winners of its 2013 EMDA Awards – Exempt Market Deals of the Year on Wednesday.
The nine awards recognize significant exempt market transactions made by exempt market dealers (EMD). The awards are given out to EMDs based on their leadership in the industry, contribution to the deal, market innovation, impact and the benefits of the deal for the issuer and investors. A selection committee consisting of independent members of the EMDA board of directors chose the winners from the list of nominees.
The full list of awards and winners is as follows:
• Technology Growth Deal of the Year: Cranson Capital Securities
• Debt Financing Deal of the Year: Crosbie & Company
• Equity Financing Real Estate Deal of the Year: MNP Corporate Finance
• Renewable Energy Deal of the Year: Sloane Capital Corp.
• Private Debt Deal of the Year: Precipice Capital
• Private Equity Technology Deal of the Year: IBK Capital Corp.
• Real Estate Debt Financing Deal of the Year: Walton International Group
• Residential Real Estate Deal of the Year: Cranson Capital Securities
• Commercial Real Estate Deal of the Year: Arlington Street Investments
An awards ceremony will be held at the 2013 EMDA Exempt Market Conference in Toronto on May 2, 2013.