The Ontario Securities Commission (OSC) Thursday announced the membership of its new Registrant Advisory Committee (RAC)
The RAC will serve as a forum to discuss issues and challenges faced by registrants in interpreting and complying with Ontario securities law, including registration and compliance related matters.
The committee will also play a consultative role by providing feedback to the OSC on the development and implementation of policy and rule making initiatives that promote investor protection and fair and efficient capital markets.
Debra Foubert, who joined the OSC as director of the Compliance and Registrant Regulation Branch in October 2012, will lead as chairwoman of the RAC.
The RAC is composed of members representing the different registration categories and business models overseen by the OSC. The committee members are:
- Matthew Brady, Mutual Fund Dealers Association of Canada;
- Julie Cordeiro, Portfolio Management Association of Canada;
- Kevin Cohen, AUM Law Professional Corporation;
- Matthew Campbell, IA Clarington Investments Inc.;
- Rossana Di Lieto, Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada;
- Stephen Jakob, Osprey Capital Partners Inc.;
- Peter Moulson, CIBC Asset Management Inc.;
- Ian Pember, Hillsdale Investment Management Inc.;
- Geoffrey G. Ritchie, BMO Asset Management Inc. and Exempt Market Dealers Association of Canada;
- Prema K. R. Thiele, Borden Ladner Gervais LLP; and
- Mary D. Throop, Summerhill Capital Management Inc.
The committee will meet approximately four to six times per year, in addition to possible ad hoc meetings as required, with members serving two-year terms.