Refine list by
Building Your Business (371)
- Jamie Golombek, managing director of tax and estate planning with CIBC Financial Planning & Advice, explains that the federal government’s evolving proposals to change corporate tax structures highlight RRSPs and TFSAs as smart strategies for business owners.
- In part two of a three-part series, “The technology tsunami: How to ride the tide,” George Hartman, CEO of Market Logics Inc., explains how the coming shift in technology will affect the way advisors attract prospects and onboard new clients.
- In part one of a three-part series, “The technology tsunami: How to ride the tide,” George Hartman, CEO of Market Logics Inc., explains how technology will transform every part of a financial advisor’s business, and urges advisors to upgrade technical knowledge now to ensure continuing success.
- Ross Kappele, executive vice president, BMO Asset Management and board chairman, Investment Funds Institute of Canada, shares key findings from a recent survey of Canadian investors. He spoke from the IFIC annual leadership conference in Toronto.
- Paul Bourque, president and CEO, Investment Funds Institute of Canada, explains why increased disclosure and transparency would be better for mutual fund investors than the proposed ban on embedded commissions. He spoke from the IFIC annual leadership conference in Toronto.
- Sian Burgess, senior vice-president, fund oversight, Fidelity Investments Canada ULC, discusses international regulatory reforms in Europe, the United Kingdom and the United States. She spoke from the IFIC annual leadership conference in Toronto.
- Judy Goldring, executive vice president and chief operating officer, AGF Management Ltd., discusses disruption in the mutual fund industry and the need for advisors to respond to changing client demands while being challenged by regulatory uncertainty. She spoke from the IFIC annual leadership conference in Toronto.
- David Tulk, institutional portfolio manager, Fidelity Investments Canada ULC, discusses opportunities for growth in the fourth quarter.
- Benjamin Tal, deputy chief economist at CIBC World Markets Inc., explains why the Bank of Canada and the U.S. Federal Reserve will refrain from further interest rate hikes in 2017.
- Benjamin Tal, deputy chief economist at CIBC World Markets Inc., explains why the Canadian economy overall may benefit from redrafting the North American Free Trade Agreement.