The Financial Planning Standards Council (FPSC) on Thursday announced that Dawn Hawley, a financial planner with Edmonton-based Angus Watt Advisor Group of National Bank Financial, will receive the Fellow of FPSC distinction for 2017.
The Fellow of FPSC distinction was developed in 2011 to recognize individuals that have helped further FPSC's purpose and CFP professional standards. The distinction goes to professionals who have exemplified values advocated by the FPSC throughout their careers.
Hawley has more than 35 years of experience in the financial planning industry and has advocated for rigorous standards in both professional and volunteer roles, the FPSC says in its announcement. From 2015 to 2017, she was chairwoman of the FPSC board of directors and has served eight years total on the board.
Hawley was also a member of the FPSC's professional practice working group, which played a pivotal role in the creation of the financial planning body of knowledge for FPSC level one certificants in financial planning.
"FPSC is pleased to recognize Dawn for her significant contributions to the financial planning profession in Canada," says Cary List, FPSC president and CEO, in a statement. "We thank Dawn for helping build and shape the financial planning profession." Aside from promoting confidence in financial planning, fellows are also recognized for:
- Promotion of financial planning and CFP certification as "the profession of choice" to the next generation;
- Considerable involvement in FPSC's examinations development process;
- Direct or broad support of the CFP designation within the financial planning industry;
- Engagement with the development of practice standards; and
- Promotion of financial planning and CFP certification to Canadians on a grassroots level.
Hawley will be acknowledged with the Fellow of FPSC distinction at FPSC's Celebration of the Profession Dinner at the Toronto Reference Library on Nov. 21, during Financial Planning Week.
Photo copyright: dampoint/123RF